A couple good blogs

Every  blogger/writer has those bloggers/writers they look up to. We eat right out of the palm of their hand and hang onto every word they write like our lives depend on it. Many times we read and reread what they write and silently pray that maybe someday we could write like them. 
Internet Photo 

Here's a list of my favourite blogs.

Bikozulu.
If you're East African and haven't read Bikozulu, please return our E. A. tag. Biko has garnered some sort of cult hero status and amassed a huge following not only down here in East Africa but even among diasporans from E.A. And it's not luck, Biko writes like he was born clutching the pen. His turn of sentence is wickedly delectable and story bank seems to never run out of supply. He will write about cars, cows, girls, houses, planes, trucks, deadbeat dads, slay queens. And make it seem so easy, and yet fun to read. He's roamed the world courtesy of his writing gigs not to mention back to back nods in Kenya Blogging Awards so that ought to tell about his mastery of the pen.

The Wonderful World of Awesomeness 
Beewol also known as Talkative Rocker is a seasoned social media Influencer and prolific blogger. His blog, The Wonderful World of Awesomeness is a wealth of stories written from a characteristically laidback stance. Loaded with vast wealth of experience from Uganda's Arts and tourism fraternities, his writeups are a force to reckon with.

I Go By The Name, Mr. E. Bazanye
I must have started reading Baz when I was eight or nine. Every time dad returned home with a weekend copy of New Vision, I'd tuck the Sunday Magazine under my armpit and head to the bedroom to catch up on Baz's Bad Idea. A talented humorist, Baz's writing will leave you in stitches as he regales you with his escapades. Baz writes at Mr E. Bazannye and I Go By The Name.

Riveticus 
I first read Waibale while in High school. By then he was writing for a teens pull-out magazine in either the New Vision or Monitor. It's been many years so I don't remember the exact media house that he was working for but even then his raw talent was conspicuous. If my memory serves me right, the magazine was called Teenz. Oh, how I lapped up his writs! So when he started a blog, I was a convert already. Like almost all my favourite blogs, Waibale writes about everything in a way that makes the story rise from the paper and become alive right before your eyes.


Comments

Popular Posts